To provide an educational opportunityfor each student of St. Malachy Schoolto mature spiritually, intellectually,culturally, socially and physically.
In the early 1900s, during the tenure of Father P. H. Durkin, land was purchased for a Catholic school at the bequest of Catherine Donovan. On September 8, 1914, the doors opened for Catholic education in Rantoul, Illinois. The school was originally known as Donovan Memorial School, and was staffed by the Dominican Sisters of Springfield who continue to serve to this day. Although the High School was forced to close in the late 1920s, elementary education continued with steady enrollment until the 1950s.With school enrollment escalating, a plan for a new facility was undertaken. After the purchase of two adjacent properties, a new building was constructed in 1962 on the property just west of the original school and named St. Malachy School. The brand new facility allowed St. Malachy to grow and better serve the community by reinvigorating their emphasis on providing Catholic education.Since the original construction, the St. Malachy School has undergone a multitude of upgrades and expansions. From the additions of music and community rooms to administration offices and recreational areas, the school has worked hard toward their number one apostolate of providing the very best Catholic education to its students.
Mrs. Stacie Gianessi, PrincipalMrs. Kim Clifford, Secretary